Fashion, beauty, lifestyle

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Top 5 Lipsticks


From Left to right:
Mac Lipstick in Shy Girl
YSL Rouge Volupte in Peach Passion
L'Oreal Colour Riche in Crazy Fuschia
Nars Lipstick in Jungle Red
Mac Lipstick in Rebel

Is there such a thing as owning too many lipsticks? I think not. If there’s one thing I continually spend my money on that I don’t really need, its lipstick, with a growing collection I thought I would share with you some of my faves. This post was inspired by the lovely Zoella who recently did a blog post on her top 5. I have included all different colours suitable for all occasions, ranging from the everyday lip colours to the more daring darker lip, perfect for a night out on the toon (yes, I like to think I’m a Geordie).

As you can see I have two Mac lipsticks in this collection, many people would say Mac are the lipstick queens and I couldn’t really argue with them. They are brilliant. First up I include Mac’s ‘Shy Girl’, this is the ultimate nude and for me it complements my olivey skin tone perfectly and I love pairing this with a black smokey eye on a night out! It is a cremesheen finish, which means it has a creamy texture and is non-drying on the lips, however the only downside is the longevity, which is maybe not as good as other lipsticks and you may find yourself re-applying it more often.

Next up is The YSL Rouge Volupte in Peach Passion, and oh my, this is my favourite lipstick, especially in summer. The colour is a gorgeous coral peachy colour and looks fab with a tan, it is moisturising but the pigmentation is still really good. The packaging is very luxurious and pretty, making it a real treat to put on your lipstick. Simple pleasures, right?

The only lipstick I chose which is not a high-end product is the L’oreal Colour Riche in ‘Crazy Fuschia’. The colour of this is the perfect ‘barbie pink’ and it really adds a pop of colour to your face. Another great summer shade.

4th in line is ‘Jungle red’ by Nars and as a lover of matte lipsticks I love this, it is the perfect bright red statement lip. The texture is great,it glides onto the lips smoothly but then has a matte finish on the lips. It has excellent staying power and would definitely last a whole night out partying!

Lastly is another Mac lipstick called ‘Rebel’, this colour is pretty unique, I would describe it as a deep plum/berry and although probably more suited for the autumn and winter I thought I would include it. I like wearing this on a night up to give my outfit that vampy feel and with it being extremely pigmented, it is a dream to wear.


I hope you enjoyed this post, What is your favourite lipstick?

Mary xo

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have shy girl, too and love the colour but I wish it would suit me more- unfortunately it is a little too bright for me...
    The YSL Rouge Volupte is one of my favourite formulas! I have number 9 and I think it is a great everyday shade :) xx
    www.seven-days.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yess me too the YSL is such a great lipstick :) I really want to buy another one I just wish they were cheaper haha what kind of colour is number 9?
      xx

      Delete

© Mazzle x | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig