Fashion, beauty, lifestyle

Monday 11 August 2014

Orange is the New Black - Worth the hype?


As a self-confessed TV series addict, I thought I had to get involved with the hype surrounding 'OITNB' before it was too late. Everyone seems to be buzzing about this hit TV show on Netflix and trust me this is for good reason! After the second episode I was hooked and then continued to binge-watch my way through the next two seasons in about the space of a week(this is becoming a common occurrence)

The OITNB writers have really excelled themselves coming up with a unique plotline and something that hasn’t really be done before. It focuses on life of women in a minimum security prison and when has there been a show focusing entirely on women? Especially such a diverse range of characters, who are all interesting and compelling in their own way. You have to give credit to the incredible talented cast who are able to bring these characters to life.

Although the plot line can be dark filled with plenty edge-of-your-seat drama, it also cleverly fits into the genre of comedy and will have you laughing from beginning to end.I can’t believe we have to wait till June 2015 for season 3, but I bet it will be worth the wait.

So if you have free time this summer I would suggest getting yourself a Netflix subscription and putting on OITNB, it is worth the hype!

Has anyone else watched the show? Has anyone got any other TV series recommendations?


Mary xo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mazzle x | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig