Fashion, beauty, lifestyle

Saturday 18 October 2014

6 reasons why I love Halloween


eeeek I love Halloween, its one of my favourite celebrations so I just had to write a post about it, even if it is two weeks away! We are also hosting a Halloween Pres at our Uni flat on the night so this will sure get me in the mood.

1. Fancy Dress
I absolutely love dressing up and I am one of those people who likes to go all or out and be creative with what I have, rather than spending a fortune on a ridiculous costume. I think its all about the little touches. Normally I like to go scaryish with my costume but this year I am being a tiger(bit random). I just love doing exciting makeup so with this I get to attempt tiger face paint and go a bit zoo project-esque on the body. I also have black contacts from last year. I may do a post on my outfit and face so you can see how it turned out!
 How cool is this skeleton face paint!


2.Pumpkins. 
I love the smell, the childhood memories they bring back, scraping the pumpkin seeds out of the bottom (is this weird?) Each year I get so excited to buy one and come up with a creative design to carve out and doing it with a group of your friends is always great fun.


3. Horror movies. 
Name any horror film and I have probably seen it, Psycho, Halloween, The Conjuring, I am a horror movie kind of girl especially around this time of year. Surprisingly it is one of my fave film genres, I dunno what it is about being scared so much that I like, I think it is the adrenaline high! I'm desperate to watch the newly released 'Annabelle' at the cinema, will have to drag one of my friends to come watch it with me. 
Has anyone seen this film? let me know



4.  Autumnal weather. 
The weather has definitely changed recently, there is a nip in the air and I like the fashion that comes with it. Autumn introduces layering and wrapping up and most importantly scarves, loads of scarves, especially tartan! I am obsessed with that pattern.
looove my new scarf from new look


5. Candy. 
I'm not American no, but I feel candy sums up the category of sweets and chocolate pretty well and if like me, as a child you went trick or treating annually then you will remember the endless amounts of sweets and chocolate that comes with Halloween. So now technically an adult and too old to go trick or treating (cry) I will have to stock up on lots of candy all for myself just cause its Halloween.

6. Parties. 
Who doesn't love a Halloween party!? Alcohol, face paint and all my uni mates together, it couldn't get better. Having it at ours also means we have an excuse to decorate the flat all Halloween themed, better get shopping...
This is the goal


Hope you liked this post! 

Mary xo

Follow me on

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mazzle x | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig