Fashion, beauty, lifestyle

Friday 15 January 2016

2 new reads of 2016

Alongside Makeup and Beauty another love of mine is reading , however during University life this hobby was very much neglected and I don't think I ever managed to read a book purely for pleasure. Now I have graduated and have more time and less of a social life (sob) reading is something I want to start doing again. My 2016 has kicked off well with the following two new reads that I received for Christmas.



'A tragic accident. It all happened so quickly, she could of prevented it. Could she?'

The first book I received was 'I Let you Go' by Claire Macintosh and just Wow. This was a book I had heard many good things about and oh my this book did not disappoint!! I would describe it as a psychological thriller and I can’t talk too much about this novel without giving too much away. The plot is cleverly written and the best part has to be the huge twist that comes right in the middle, that I didn't see coming at all! The second half is amazing reading with more twists and turns and I flew through the book in two days as I just had to find out what was going to happen. It is an utterly gripping novel and I would recommend this to everyone!

The next book I received was the JoJo Moyes 'After You' which is the sequel to the best selling and incredible 'Me Before You'. When I heard Moyes was writing a sequel I was beyond excited as 'Me Before You' is probably one of my favourite books and  I was dying to find out what would happen to Louisa Clark. This novel centres around Louisa's journey as she begins to come to terms with Wills death, however I think it was sad how she seemed to loose a lot of her personality and was no way near as likable or funny in this book compared to the first, Whereas 'Me Before You' made me laugh and cry and feel all the feelings, the same cannot be said for 'After You' and I found it to be a little disappointing. Having said that 'After You' is still an enjoyable read and JoJo Moyes is a fantastic writer, maybe I expected too much after my love for the first book...

Have you guys read any of these books? What are your thoughts?
Also I am always looking for new books to read, so let me know if you have suggestions?
Mary xo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Ooh interesting post. I was nice to hear your thoughts on JoJo Moyes second book as I didn’t realise ‘Me Before You’ had a sequel. I think for me it would definitely be worth a shot as I’ve read the first book and enjoyed it very much. ‘I Let you Go’ sounds very intriguing, I don’t normally opt for psychological thrillers but will take on board your recommendation. Happy reading! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Mazzle x | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig