Fashion, beauty, lifestyle

Thursday 24 July 2014

Holiday reads


I am not ashamed to admit it, I am a huge bookworm, I love nothing more than immersing myself fully into the plot of a really good book and there is no better time to do this than on holiday. When I was younger I used to read all the time, but since University I don’t think I have read a book purely for enjoyment, there is just never enough time sadly. So this summer I have decided I will get back into my reading days and these are the 3 book I decided to bring with me on holiday…

1    Perks of being a Wallflower



Firstly I need to point out that I watched the film before reading this, and as a firm believer that a book is greater than a film version, I feel this was a bad move. However having said this, the book is such a touching story and I think it would be impossible to read this and not feel moved in some way. A coming-of-age story, it is very relatable for most teenagers as we are able to witness all the characters inner struggles and watch them grow through the eyes of the sincere and endearing ‘wallflower’ Charlie, who you can’t help but warm towards. The book is beautifully written and I could not recommend it enough!

2    Here's Looking at you



After reading Mhairi McFarlane’s fab book ‘You had me at hello’, I didn't think this one could compare but I loved this book just as much! A proper ‘chick-flick’ novel and although somewhat predictable that didn't really matter! When I say ‘chick-flick’ though I feel I am not giving the author the credit she deserves, as it wasn't just another soppy, slightly cringe story, it was much more than that. It was funny, witty and compelling and with the novel switching between Anna and James’ perspective it was a very engaging plot-line. I love a good romance and this quirky modern love story did not disappoint!  

3      Me Before you



Ok I think this has to be my favourite out of the 3. I love a good cry and as depressing as that sounds when you read a book that you connect with on a deeper level and it affects you emotionally…yes I was crying throughout the last two chapters, then that to me is a good book.
What I loved about this book is how unpredictable it was, I was dying to know what would happen with the unlikely and special bond between Will Traynor and Louisa Clark. Despite the utterly heart-breaking ending, it was a funny, uplifting and very powerful read, that really made me think and put my life into perspective.
Such a superb book that I could not put down but at the same time I really didn’t want it to end.
After I finished reading this I found out they are making it into a film.. SO EXCITING! I will be first to the cinema when this is released, I just hope they can do the book justice.

If anyone has any other book recommendations I would love to hear!

xo



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mazzle x | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig